Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Da Bears!

Okay, so there is a story behind the inspiration to this 4'x6' mural on the garage wall... About a year ago at about 7:00 a.m. I was in the truck driving to school with my brother and my neighbor. I was on a residential road and out of nowhere, there was what sounded like a gunshot, so I quickly looked to my right to find the side mirror folded in and the mirror and chrome completely gone. My first instinct was that some kids threw rocks at us while we were passing and shattered the window. But oh, no. I hit a mailbox. Extremely humiliating, especially when you have to ring the front door to tell the owners that they may have a difficult time getting their mail. Luckily there wasn't much damage to the mailbox, but my side mirror was gone.

So of course, my dad being the handy man that he is, fixes the side mirror. I was expecting to fork out some cash to pay him back, but no... he had a different plan. His plan was to have me paint a mural of the Chicago Bears logo in the garage for all of the hard labor he went through fixing that side mirror (quite honestly, I think it only took him ten minutes). I agreed and when I finally had the time, I fulfilled my debt to him and now whenever I leave the house, I am always reminded to drive safely and stay away from those neighborhoods and residential roads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment